20 ideas for a nature-themed Father's Day
It's Father's Day on June 17 so we've put together some great outdoor-themed gifts and ways to celebrate - perfect for nature-mad dads!
And don't forget, Father's Day doesn't just have to be about dads. You can make it a special day for other male family members: celebrate granddads, uncles and brothers too!
Father's Day activities
Father's Day is all about spending time together and having fun, and what better way to do that than with a trip to the woods?
There's something extra-special about a present you've made yourself, so here are a few simple ideas:
- Make your dad a flower crown so he can be king of the woods for a day!
- If he enjoys bird-watching, why not make this plant pot bird bath for the garden?
- Put together a rustic stick frame for your favourite family photo. Just collect three or four straight sticks to go along the edge of your photo - make sure they're a bit longer than the photo so they overlap at the corners. Use sting or wool to tie them together at each corner - loop it around nice and tight to make sure it stays together. Attach the photo to some card and stick on your stick frame! Add more sticks or weave in leaves for extra decoration.
- You could make a nature-themed Father's Day card too, perhaps with a picture of a woodland animal. our colouring pages have lots of designs to inspire you, try a dormouse, fox, owl, or squirrel.
- Don't forget the wrapping paper! Why not make your own? Get a big sheet of paper and use bark rubbings or leaf prints to give it a woodland feel.
Other present ideas
Our shop is jam-packed with loads of other goodies for dads who love the outdoors.
For bird-lovers, get our fab triple action bird box to attract birds to the garden or give them a laugh with Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to British Birds.
If your dad is hands on and loves to make things, he'll love learning an ancient woodland craft with the Whittling Handbook.
You could even dedicate a tree or wood for a special, lifelong gift for dad.
We hope you have a really special day with the men in your life. Tell us how you celebrated Father's Day below and post your pictures on Social Media using #NatureDetectives.